As a provider this entitles parents, guardians and carers in NSW a $100 voucher per year to put towards the cost of lessons and fees within the Creative Arts.
About Creative Kids
NSW Government is helping your cost of living with more than 70 rebates and savings including Creative Kids, which is all about making it easier for school-aged kids (4.5 to 18 years old) to get involved in creative and cultural activities.
Parents, guardians and carers can claim a $100 voucher per year to put towards the cost of lessons and fees.
It’s a great opportunity to let kids find their passion and learn new skills.
Vouchers can be used to contribute to registration, participation and tuition costs for performing arts, visual arts, coding, languages, literature, music and other creative and cultural activities.
If you’re a parent, carer or guardian, the student will be eligible if they are:
- a NSW resident
- aged between 4.5 and 18 years
- enrolled in school (from Kindergarten to Year 12, including those who are home-schooled or enrolled in secondary school education at TAFE NSW)
- a current Medicare card holder.
You can apply for a voucher for each eligible student.
You can use the voucher for registration, participation and tuition costs with Brightsparks.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW account (if you don’t have an account you can sign up after you select ‘Apply online’)
- your child’s Medicare card details.
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements and the types of activities.
- Select the ‘Apply online’ button.
- Log in to your account, or sign up for a MyServiceNSW Account.
- Follow the prompts to apply for the voucher.
To use the voucher:
- Choose the eligible provider (Brightsparks) where you’ll use the voucher.
- At registration or payment time, provide the following information through the provider’s preferred process:
- child’s full name
- child’s date of birth
- Creative Kids voucher number.
Vouchers can only be used:
- one time (if the chosen activity fees are less than $100, the remaining balance cannot be used)
- during the calendar year they’re issued
- for the person named on the voucher
- for registration or membership fees with approved Creative Kids provider Brightsparks.
Vouchers cannot be:
- split between more than one provider or registration
- used for individual items (like paints, instruments, uniforms, computers)
- redeemed for cash.